bug in .eh_frame_hdr processing

Andrew Haley aph@redhat.com
Wed Mar 5 17:36:00 GMT 2003


Andrew Haley writes:
 > Alan Modra writes:
 >  > On Sun, Feb 23, 2003 at 11:01:01AM +0000, Andrew Haley wrote:
 >  > > Richard Henderson writes:
 >  > >  > On Sat, Feb 22, 2003 at 08:11:54PM +0000, Andrew Haley wrote:
 >  > >  > > Alternatively, perhaps we shouldn't do this optimization at all when
 >  > >  > > generating relocateable output, but instead postpone it until final
 >  > >  > > link.
 >  > >  > 
 >  > >  > I'd prefer this.
 >  > > 
 >  > > Me too.  It's simpler, and safer.
 >  > 
 >  > Yes, given that this is at least the second ld -r problem found in the
 >  > eh_frame editing code, I think I made a mistake in enabling the
 >  > optimization for ld -r.  It wouldn't hurt to commit your fix though.
 > 
 > Jakub sent me this patch in email:
 > 
 > 2003-02-27   Jakub Jelinek <jakub@redhat.com>
 >              Andrew Haley  <aph@redhat.com>
 > 
 > 	* elflink.h (elf_bfd_discard_info): Don't process eh frames if
 > 	output is relocateable.

Well, shall I apply it then?

Andrew.



More information about the Binutils mailing list