importing another file into top-level include directory?

DJ Delorie dj@redhat.com
Mon Jun 23 18:40:00 GMT 2003

> This discussion reminds me that I'd like to import include/filenames.h
> into the gcc CVS.  It would replace a bunch of xm-*.h gunk.  That file
> is listed as "part of BFD, the Binary File Descriptor library" -- does
> that raise any issues?  I don't anticipate needing to make any changes
> to the file; gcc already uses all the same macro names.

I think people have suggested this before, and it's just waiting for
someone to actually do the work.  However, given all the recent talk
about libiberty copyright notices, I don't know what to do about that
part.