c4x - TMS320C30-40 (config question)

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill@OARcorp.com
Mon Jun 9 14:35:00 GMT 2003

"Svein E. Seldal" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a standard syntax of the target triplet in the configure
> scripts? Take the gas/configure.in as an example. Should I use this in
> my config:
>
>        tic4x-*-* | c4x-*-*)              fmt=coff bfd_gas=yes ;;
>
> Or, shouls I use this:
>
>        tic4x-*-coff | c4x-*-coff)              fmt=coff bfd_gas=yes ;;
>
> NB! The only config that works today is the coff type.
>
> I see from the other configs that both methods are in use, so I'm
> uncertain how to approach this correctly.

Doing the 1st alternative gives a default which is usually the right
thing
to do for an embedded target.  Let all tic4x configurations that don't
specify any OS use coff.

In this case, using the 1st alternative should help make the tic4x-rtems
and
tic4x-coff targets fall into the same case.

> BTW! I also see that some config uses "blabla-*-coff*" (note the last
> asterisk), while others uses "blabla-*-coff". What approach should I take?

That is a habit from targets that include version information at the end
of the OE part.  Sometimes you see targets like sparc-solaris2.7 so
using sparc*-*-solaris* covers the variants users can enter.