2 gas check failures

Rainer Orth ro@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE
Tue Jul 29 20:00:00 GMT 2003

H. J. Lu writes:

> I got
>
> ./build-alpha-linux/gas/testsuite/gas.log:FAIL: alpha elf-reloc-8
> ./build-hppa-linux/gas/testsuite/gas.log:FAIL: Check for error on bogus .space directive
>
> I believe one of them is caused by
>
> 2003-07-28  Rainer Orth  <ro@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
>
>         * read.c (s_space): Don't warn about .space 0.

This may be true for the hppa failure, although I suppose that the test was
intended to check for a problem on HP-PA/SOM, where .space has a completely
different meaning.  If so, the testcase would have to be changed
accordingly.  Can any of the hppa maintainers confirm or deny that.

I cannot easily see how the alpha elf-reloc-8 test should be affected.
Could you report in more detail (preferably for both platforms) how the
tests behaved before and after my patch?

Thanks.
	Rainer