arm-wince-pe-size reports empty .text

Shaun Jackman sjackman@pathwayconnect.com
Tue Jul 22 19:39:00 GMT 2003


I'm using binutils 2.14, and gas 2.11.2. I'm using the old version of
gas because newer versions compile a faulty newlib that fails during
execution. I'm trying to figure out why that is.

Can I force objdump to disassemble .text even though it's not marked as
LOAD or ALLOC? Why isn't .text marked as LOAD or ALLOC? This is the case
for object compiled by both gas 2.11.2 and 2.14.

Thanks,
Shaun


On Tue, 2003-07-22 at 13:26, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> The .text section is not marked LOAD or ALLOC, so size correctly
> reports that it does not take up any space, and objdump -d ignores it
> (objdump -D would work).
> 
> Why the .text section is not marked LOAD or ALLOC, I do not know.
> 
> Ian




More information about the Binutils mailing list