RFC objdump new feature to generate debug info using ctags style

Salvador Eduardo Tropea salvador@inti.gov.ar
Mon Jul 21 19:32:00 GMT 2003

This is from a couple of months ago:

On 12/05/03 08:17 Nick Clifton wrote:

>>I managed to modify prdbg.c to print the information in a format
>>compatible with Exuberant Ctags (plus some fields not available in
>>E.Ctags).
>>

>Thanks very much for submitting this patch.
>
>Since this patch adds a new feature to objdump it definitely needs a
>copyright assignment before it can be accepted.

Ok, I think this is done. I received the papers, signed them, sent it
back to FSF and got an e-mail confirmation (no regular letter, just e-mail).
Can you check if all is ok?

>If you are willing
>to make such an assignment please fill out the email form attached
>below and send it off the FSF.  The process will take a while but it
>should be worth it as they we can consider accepting your patches.
>
>As for the patch itself, there are a couple of issues:
>
>  * It needs a ChangeLog entry.

Added.

>  * Since you are adding a new feature it needs to be documented.
>    Please extend the patch to include changes to
>    binutils/doc/binutils.texi and binutils/NEWS.

Also added.

>  * Please try to follow the GNU coding standard.  (In the patch there
>    are several comments that ought to be reformatted to include a
>    terminating period followed by two spaces.  Also there are places
>    where there is no space between a function name and its opening
>    parenthesis).

Ok, I checked manually and with a diff between the file and the "indent"
output. I followed indent suggestions for all but things that the
original author did in a different way. The most important differences
is between:
if (! condition)
and
if (!condition)

Attached is the output of cvs diff -u.

Regards,
SET

--
Salvador Eduardo Tropea (SET). (Electronics Engineer)
Visit my home page: http://welcome.to/SetSoft or