GNU as 2.14 on IRIX 6: crashes with shared libs

Rainer Orth ro@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE
Fri Jul 18 20:37:00 GMT 2003

Rainer Orth writes:

> I try a gcc bootstrap with a quick hack where the .pdr creation is disabled
> with #if 0.  If that helps, I'll look for a proper way to do this.

Bootstrap finished with this hack, checking is now in progress and looks
quite good :-)  I suppose the decision whether or not to create the .pdr
section on IRIX 6 should be controlled by a flag, to allow for use of one
gas binary with the native ld (off) or GNU ld (on).  It could default to
always on on non-IRIX systems, and off on IRIX to avoid the massive
breakage observed here.  Comments?

	Rainer