[RFC] unify dynamic_symbol_p implementations

Bob Wilson bwilson@tensilica.com
Fri Jul 18 20:09:00 GMT 2003


On Friday 18 July 2003 12:57, Richard Henderson wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 12:02:40PM -0700, Bob Wilson wrote:
> > I think the "ignore_protected" argument should be 0 for the Xtensa port. 
> > A separate relocation (R_XTENSA_32) is used when taking the address of a
> > function than when calling it (R_XTENSA_PLT), so there shouldn't be an
> > issue with incorrectly comparing the PLT addresses instead of the
> > function addresses.  Unless I'm missing something here, you shouldn't
> > have to "assume the worst".
>
> What happens when an executable takes the address of a
> function defined in a shared library?

The R_XTENSA_32 reloc used for the function address turns into an 
R_XTENSA_GLOB_DAT reloc in the executable.  The runtime linker resolves this 
reloc at startup.  Am I missing something?



More information about the Binutils mailing list