FYI: A new C++ demangler

H. J. Lu hjl@lucon.org
Thu Jul 10 15:51:00 GMT 2003

On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 11:42:55AM -0400, Michael Elizabeth Chastain wrote:
> I will throw the new demangler on my gdb test bed and look for regressions.
> I'm sure H. J. has the demangler test suite covered and I can do the
> gdb test suite.
>
> I have kind of a silly question.  Do I need to rebuild binutils and/or gcc
> with the new demangler, or can I just rebuild gdb?  That is, do gcc or
> binutils ever need to run the demangler while compiling?

You only need to rebuild gdb with it unless you need to use c++filt,
which is the part of binutils.

I am enclosing 2 files. README is used to apply my patch and recreate
those generated files. I also included a correct patch for binutils/gdb
since now the toplevel directories are different between binutils/gdb
and gcc.

H.J.