Bizarre rebuild errors

Daniel Jacobowitz drow@mvista.com
Thu Jan 30 16:53:00 GMT 2003

On Thu, Jan 30, 2003 at 01:46:23AM -0200, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> On Jan 29, 2003, Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@mvista.com> wrote:
>
> > As soon as I say that I find the problem.  You can't run more than one
> > config.status at once, because of "conftest.s$ac_file" and "rm -f
> > conftest.s*".
>
> autoconf 2.13 bug.  Fixed in 2.5x.

I suspected as much, but since moving src to autoconf 2.5x has fallen
on the floor again that doesn't really solve the problem.  I can't see
how to write the serialization dependencies so that automake will pass
them through correctly either, between some recursive make invocation
and $(SUBDIRS)'s use of config.status.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz