Using the INCLUDE linker script command

Stan Katz Stan.Katz@ctc-control.com
Wed Jan 29 16:03:00 GMT 2003

Hi

I have been trying to use the "INCLUDE filename" command in a link script and I keep getting a parse error. If I run the linker with the -verbose option it produces the following output

opened script file CTC5102.x
opened script file force.x
sh-elf-ld:CTC5102.x:119: parse error

The interesting thing is that the INCLUDE command is in line 31 of the CTC5102.x script file and the force.x script file is only 10 lines long.

I have checked that both files have Unix style line EOL.

If I cut and paste the file into the script instead of the INCLUDE command it works but with both 2.8.1 and 2.9.5 of ld (sh-elf-ld running under Cygwin) the link fails.

Anyone have any suggestions ??

Stan Katz