PATCH: allow PE executables to have an export table

Christopher Faylor cgf@redhat.com
Tue Jan 28 13:36:00 GMT 2003

On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 11:14:04AM +0000, Nick Clifton wrote:
>Hi Danny,
>
>> This  patch breaks generation of relocateable output files
>> (using -r switch), throwing error  in pe-dll.c (generate_reloc)
>>
>> Here is a testcase:
>>
>> /* foo.c */
>> __declspec(dllexport) int foo() {return 1;}
>>
>> /* bar.c */
>> __declspec(dllexport) int bar() {return 1;}
>>
>> gcc -c foo.c
>> gcc -c bar.c
>> ld -o foobar.o -r foo.o bar.o
>>
>> DJ: zero vma section reloc detected: `.text' #0 f=563
>> DJ: zero vma section reloc detected: `.text' #0 f=563
>
>Hmm, I tried this today and did not have any problems.  Which version
>of gcc are you using ?

Is there anything new with this patch?  Has the assignment been received?
Danny, I never saw an answer to Nick's question above.

I'm just wondering if I should hold off before doing a cygwin binutils
release if this patch is going to be applied soon.

cgf