alpha tls tests
John David Anglin
dave@hiauly1.hia.nrc.ca
Fri Jan 24 14:44:00 GMT 2003
> > > Error: can't resolve `szicode' {.text section} - `icode' {.text section}
> > > ./build-hppa-linux/gas/testsuite/gas.log:FAIL: Difference of labels
> >
> > Fallout from last night's gas change, I guess. I ran an hppa-linux
> > build and test run, so I wonder why I didn't see the regression?
Possibly, this is XFAILed. Symbol differences have in the past worked
when generating SOM output but not ELF output.
> Duh. Didn't commit this one.
>
> * config/tc-hppa.h (DIFF_EXPR_OK): Define.
> (MD_APPLY_SYM_VALUE): Move.
Seems to be committed now. I did build and install on hppa-linux.
There were no regressions. However, I suspect that there may be problems.
I hacked gcc to try use symbol differerences instead of $PIC_pcrel$0
(symbol diffs are used for SOM). However, the build failed with a
segmentation fault in stage1. With no hack, the build was sucessful.
Didn't have time to investigate any further last night.
Dave
--
J. David Anglin dave.anglin@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
National Research Council of Canada (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6605)
More information about the Binutils
mailing list