RFC/RFT: split up pexecute.c

Zack Weinberg zack@codesourcery.com
Thu Jan 23 20:48:00 GMT 2003

DJ Delorie <dj@redhat.com> writes:

> Nit: I indent each line that is a continuation of the same starting
> letter by an extra space.  So, the two pex-* lines should have the
> extra indent (tab+space instead of just tab).

Will update.

>> -pexecute.o: config.h $(INCDIR)/ansidecl.h $(INCDIR)/libiberty.h \
>> -	$(INCDIR)/safe-ctype.h
>> +pex-msdos.o: $(INCDIR)/safe-ctype.h
>
> All pex-* depend on libiberty.h, ansidecl.h, and config.h.  They
> should all be listed here.  Did you use the maint-deps Makefile target
> to update the dependencies, or do them manually?

I used maint-deps, which also caused the updates to other dependency
lists that you remarked on.  It looks like maint-tool doesn't
recognize nested includes nor header files in the same directory as
the source code.  Not sure what the right thing to do is.

> gather-docs only looks at *.c and *.texi, not at *.h.  You should
> create a pexecute.texi to put the documentation in, and update TEXISRC
> in Makefile.in.

Will do.

> Do we really want to put libiberty-specific headers (libiberty.h0
> before system headers?  IMHO it's better to always do system headers
> first (except for config.h, of course).

I don't think it does any harm either way; if you would prefer
stylistically to have libiberty.h last I can change it.

zw