detect special mips64le dwarf2 line number length encoding

Alexandre Oliva aoliva@redhat.com
Sun Jan 19 15:14:00 GMT 2003

On Jan 19, 2003, Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@mvista.com> wrote:

> Ask a silly question, but MIPS64 Linux is a brand new userspace port.
> Why are we using the non-standard DWARF-2 format?  Why not do it the
> normal way?

Besides the intent of compatibility with Irix, there are places where
you don't really know whether the object file at hand is for GNU/Linux
or Irix, so using different formats could be, erhm, interesting.  Not
that I've investigated this possibility in much depth, mind you.