AROS and patches to the binutils

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Fri Jan 17 09:13:00 GMT 2003

Hi Fabio,

> I was wondering whether would it be better, both for you and me, to make
> little, incremental patches to the codebase, or to finish what I have in
> mind and then make a big patch.

Another point to bear in mind with the small-incremental patch
approach is that you must not break the ability to build and run the
binutils configured with the "--enable-targets=all" option.  So if you
add AROS support to the configuration files, you must also be able
build an AROS targeted toolchain.  (It does not have to work, but it
does have to build).