[RFC] Update to current automake/autoconf/libtool versions (take 2)

Klee Dienes klee@apple.com
Sun Jan 12 10:32:00 GMT 2003

The following is the current state-of-the art of my autoconf-2.5x
conversion of the gcc/gdb/binutils repositories. It updates the
following directories:

common:	libiberty
src:		bfd binutils gas gdb gprof ld mmalloc opcodes rda sim utils
gcc:		boehm-gc fastjar gcc libf2c libffi libjava libobjc libstdc++-v3
zlib

It does *not* update the following directories:

common:	include texinfo config etc contrib
src:		blt cgen cpu dejagnu expect intl itcl iwidgets libgloss libgui
newlib readline tcl tk winsup sid"
gcc:		libbanshee libchill libio libmudflap libstdc++"

I used the following versions of the various tools:

libtool:		1.4e (top-of-tree, with the attached patch)
autoconf:		2.57 (with the attached patch)
automake:	1.7.2
gettext:		0.11.5
autogen:		5.5

The attached archive contains the following files:

ChangeLog:
setup.sh:			Script to convert to autotools-2.5x and build an uberbaum
tree
autoconf.txt:		Fixes to autoconf-2.57 required by this patch.
common-diffs.txt	Patches to directories shared by 'src' and gcc.
gcc-diffs.txt		Patches to the gcc directories.
libtool-diffs.txt		Patch to libtool-1.4e required by this patch.
src-diffs.txt		Patches to the 'src' directories.
top-diffs.txt		Patches to top-level files in both 'src' and gcc.