Has anyone built binutils as as a cross suite
Stephen P. Smith
ischis2@cox.net
Wed Jan 8 20:31:00 GMT 2003
1) I downloaded binutils-2.13.2pre1.tar.bz2 from the binutils ftp
server late last evenning.
2) I added changes to the ld/configure.host and ld/configure.tgt to add
w32api to the link default directories for the cygwin build.
3) I built a native version of the gcc tool chain sucessfully.
4) I then tried to build the powerpc-motorola-elf cross chain and I am
getting the same errors as before.
Therefore the problem isn't with the cygwin package.
Do you have any solutions, I can post the script.
sps
Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
>Where'd you get this source package from? Cygwin? Looks like a
>problem with that snapshot; I've built powerpc-elf recently and it
>certainly worked.
>
>
>On Tue, Jan 07, 2003 at 03:53:00PM -0700, Stephen P. Smith wrote:
>
>
>>I built am trying to build gcc as a cross compiler. In the middle of
>>building the bootstrap portion, the cross assembler is called and
>>seg faults. The targets that I can duplicate this problem with are:
>>powerpc-motorola-elf and arm-elf
>>
>>
>>---- binutils build commands (binutils-20021117-1 from cygwin
>>distribution ) ---
>>
>>cd /htc/GNUSource/cross-compile/build-binutils-powerpc-motorola-elf
>>../binutils-20021117-1/configure
>>--prefix=/usr/local/deos-compilers/powerpc --target=powerpc-motorola-elf
>> --host=i686-p
>>-cygwin --build=i686-pc-cygwin --with-included-gettext
>>make
>>make install
>>
>>---- command line (binutils-20021117-1 from cygwin distribution ) ----
>>
>>$ /usr/local/deos-compilers/powerpc/bin/powerpc-motorola-elf-as
>>Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>>
>>
>
>
>
>
More information about the Binutils
mailing list