Questions regarding m68k dynamic/shared code

Peter Barada pbarada@mail.wm.sps.mot.com
Wed Jan 8 18:04:00 GMT 2003

I'm trying to build a Linux system to run on a ColdFire v4e system,
and I'm a bit confused about the PLT secion that is generated by the
compiler/assembler/linker.  From what I can gather, the code in the
.plt section uses addressing modes that are not supporte by ColdFire,
and before I hack it up, I thought I'd better understand what this
code does...

1) Where can I find the m68k supplement to the SYSV ABI
   specification(and the SYSV ABI spec itself)? Google is not helping me...

2) Who generates the code in the .plt section?  I see the generation
   code in bfd/elf32-m68k.c, but I'm confused who actually calls this
   code(as? ld?)

3) What *does* the code in the .plt seciton actually do?

Any help is appreciated.

--
Peter Barada                                   Peter.Barada@motorola.com
Wizard                                         781-852-2768 (direct)