Has anyone built binutils as as a cross suite

Daniel Jacobowitz drow@mvista.com
Tue Jan 7 23:25:00 GMT 2003


On Tue, Jan 07, 2003 at 03:53:00PM -0700, Stephen P. Smith wrote:
> I built am trying to build gcc as a cross compiler.  In the middle of
> building the bootstrap portion, the cross assembler is called and
> seg faults.  The targets that I can duplicate this problem with are:
> powerpc-motorola-elf and arm-elf
> 
> 
> ---- binutils build commands (binutils-20021117-1 from cygwin 
> distribution ) ---
> 
> cd /htc/GNUSource/cross-compile/build-binutils-powerpc-motorola-elf
> ../binutils-20021117-1/configure 
> --prefix=/usr/local/deos-compilers/powerpc --target=powerpc-motorola-elf 
>  --host=i686-p
> -cygwin --build=i686-pc-cygwin --with-included-gettext
> make
> make install
> 
> ---- command line (binutils-20021117-1 from cygwin distribution ) ----
> 
> $ /usr/local/deos-compilers/powerpc/bin/powerpc-motorola-elf-as
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Where'd you get this source package from?  Cygwin?  Looks like a
problem with that snapshot; I've built powerpc-elf recently and it
certainly worked.

-- 
Daniel Jacobowitz
MontaVista Software                         Debian GNU/Linux Developer



More information about the Binutils mailing list