_bfd_dwarf2_find_nearest_line returns wrong filename
Daniel Jacobowitz
drow@mvista.com
Fri Jan 3 15:30:00 GMT 2003
On Fri, Jan 03, 2003 at 03:39:40PM +0100, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@mvista.com> writes:
>
> |> No regressions, but some pertinent facts:
> |>
> |> - Examine the ld.log with this patch applied. Grep for BFD. You'll
> |> find several assertion failures indicating that the DWARF-2 data
> |> is incorrect. It's kind of sad that the testsuite doesn't notice any
> |> of these.
>
> I have now tried it on ia64, and it is getting worse. They are using
> R_IA64_SECREL32LS relocations in .debug_info, which is causing
> bfd_perform_relocation to return bfd_reloc_outofrange, and
> bfd_generic_get_relocated_section_contents is aborting on that.
Hmm. This suggests that we need to save/restore output offsets, but
that's just a guess. Is that reproducible with cross tools? I don't
have an ia64 here.
> |> I'm OK with this if you'll add back code to hangle a NULL symbol table
> |> argument.
>
> I'll do that.
>
> |> That's more useful for GDB's purposes, and maybe readelf's.
>
> readelf does not use BFD at all, so it would have to reinvent the wheel
> anyway.
Blech, you're right; it uses "bfd.h" but not -lbfd...
--
Daniel Jacobowitz
MontaVista Software Debian GNU/Linux Developer
More information about the Binutils
mailing list