un-installing binutils-2.10

Kapila, Pulkit Pulkit.Kapila@veridian.com
Tue Feb 25 22:35:00 GMT 2003

I am running debian 3.0r and I downloaded bin-utils-2.10 from redhat,
Installaion went smooth but, I also need to install binutil-dev current
version 3.13.90.0.18-1.1_i386 but they are not compatible with each other. I
want to upgrade bin-utils version to 3.13.90.0.18-1.1_i386 but it is
un-sucessful due to bin-util files are already there. I tied using make -n
install to determine the location of the installation file but was confused
with 20000 lines of codes. Please help me if you have any info about " how
to un-install bin-utils-2.10'.

thanks

Pulkit Kapila

Network Engineer MCSE, CCNA