binutils getopt ....

Paul Cunningham paul.cunningham@sun.com
Tue Feb 18 10:09:00 GMT 2003

Hi,

I was trying to build the package pnm2ppa that uses the getopt_long() function
from the bunutils libiberty.a library. The pnm2ppa package includes the getopt.h
header in its code, but getopt.h does not seem to be installed by binutil's
"make install".

Is this a public interface or is the pnm2ppa package using it incorrectly? or am
I doing something wrong?  getopt_long() is in the installed library libiberty.a
but the header where it is defined is not installed.

I am building these packages on Sun Solaris 9.

Any help/comments would be gratefully received
thanks
Paul