[PATCH] New port m32r-linux target.

Kazuhiro Inaoka inaoka.kazuhiro@renesas.com
Mon Dec 22 10:35:00 GMT 2003


Hi Alan,

> Also, m32r-elf used to be a REL target.  Did you intend to change
> m32r-elf to RELA when you added m32r-linux?
Yes, I want to change default relocation to RELA.
And I want to link old objects which has REL relocations. 

> I noticed that m32r-elf is failing one of the binutils tests.
> +FAIL: readelf -s
I'm sorry, that was not updated.

Kazuhiro

> Hi,
> I noticed that m32r-elf is failing one of the binutils tests.
> +FAIL: readelf -s
> 
> On looking at why, I see that m32r-elf-as is producing objects with
> both .rel and .rela sections, eg.
> 
> [ 1] .text       PROGBITS  00000000 000034 000008 00  AX  0   0  1
> [ 2] .rela.text  RELA      00000000 000324 00000c 0c      8   1  4
> [ 3] .rel.text   REL       00000000 000330 000000 08      8   1  4
> 
> I think this is wrong.  It's a consequence of copying old mips code
> (along with comments that aren't relevant for this target) to
> m32r_elf_fake_sections.
> 
> Also, m32r-elf used to be a REL target.  Did you intend to change
> m32r-elf to RELA when you added m32r-linux?
> 
> -- 
> Alan Modra
> IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre



More information about the Binutils mailing list