PATCH: Fix demangler in symbol versioning

Ian Lance Taylor ian@wasabisystems.com
Thu Dec 4 22:40:00 GMT 2003

"H. J. Lu" <hjl@lucon.org> writes:

> On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 03:58:40PM -0500, DJ Delorie wrote:
> >
> > > +      cxx_sym = cplus_demangle (sym, (DMGL_PARAMS
> > > +				      | DMGL_ANSI
> > > +				      | DMGL_VERBOSE));
> >
> > Are you sure you want verbose?
>
> It looks like it isn't need. Should I add DMGL_TYPES? It is used
> in test-demangle.c.

DMGL_TYPES tells the demangler to see if the string is the mangled
version of a type encoding.  I don't think the compiler will ever use
a type encoding as an external symbol name--that doesn't even really
make sense--so I don't think there is any need for DMGL_TYPES here.

Ian