Other bootstrap failures.

Phil Edwards phil@jaj.com
Wed Dec 3 22:46:00 GMT 2003

More info, in case anybody wants it.  Since yesterday morning, linking
libstdc++-v3/abi_check has failed.  All the std::string symbols are private
to their .o's.

Using the installed system linker (2.14.90.0.7) works fine.  Using CVS
binutils breaks.  Reverting either all of binutils by one week, or
libstdc++-v3 by one week, or both, works.  I don't have time to debug this
further by hand, but I can send outputs of commands if anybody wants.

by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
    - Brian W. Kernighan