[Patch] ld config bits for i860 coff target

Daniel Jacobowitz drow@mvista.com
Thu Aug 14 04:52:00 GMT 2003

On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 09:52:56AM +0100, Nick Clifton wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> > On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 10:55:53PM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> >> If you agree, when I get back from vacation I'll start cranking out
> >> binutils directories.
>
> : Alan Modra wrote:
> :
> : I'm in the mood to approve such patches.  Even to help in fixing
> : any resulting problems.
>
> Right  lets do it.
>
> Daniel - when you are ready please start contributing these patches.
> Note - we will need to make clear exactly which versions of
> autoconf/automake/libtool etc are being used and we will need to put a
> copy of the blessed sources on the ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/binutils
> web site so that they can be downloaded.  If you can provide me with
> this information I will put them there and update the
> README-maintainer-mode file.

I brought this up (on IRC) today and got divided opinions...

Certainly putting a recommended version in the binutils directory
makes sense, and does no harm.  But should we require use of that
version, or should we just specify a minimum working version via
AC_PREREQ?

As Zack put it, the ideal solution is for the versions that happen to
come with any recent distribution to be acceptable.  There will be some
churn in the generated files, but otherwise everything should be OK,
barring undiscovered major bugs.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz