ld problems

Hylla, Kai hylla.k@atlas.de
Thu Aug 7 12:34:00 GMT 2003

Hi together!

At first I must say, that my English isn't very good, so please be
patient with me.

I'm developing software on a win32 Host for a ppc-elf embedded target. I
use

gcc 2.95.2
as  2.10
ld  2.10

I have a problem with the ld. It seems that the ld doesn't relocate the
addresses correct. If I try to branch absolut (using ba) to an address
between 0x0200_0000 and 0xFE00_0000 it calculates the wrong value. The
calcultated value is 0xFE00_000 to high. If I try to use the correct
value as an constant (i.e. ba 0x02400238) I get an error:

     Error: operand out of range (37757824 not between -33554432 and
33554431)

Has anyone an idea what causes this problem and how to solve it?

Regards,
Kai

---
K. Hylla