Versioned symbol linking bug
H. J. Lu
hjl@lucon.org
Fri Apr 25 15:20:00 GMT 2003
On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 09:58:17AM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 19, 2003 at 08:50:48AM +0930, Alan Modra wrote:
> > On Thu, Apr 17, 2003 at 04:27:43PM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> > > On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 01:28:12PM +1030, Alan Modra wrote:
> > > > Hi Daniel,
> > > > This patch cures your testcase, but I'm not game to install it
> > > > without a whole lot of testing, which I don't have time to do at
> > > > the moment.
> > >
> > > The logic seems right to me; what kind of testing can I do to increase
> > > your confidence? I'd like to pick this fix up for the next release.
> >
> > At the minimum, a glibc build and "make check". Preferably, a bunch
> > of other packages that build and use shared libs.
>
> It causes no regressions in the binutils or glibc testsuites on
> i686-pc-linux-gnu; Roland reported that it fixed his problem on
> powerpc-linux-gnu; and it fixes the vers25b2 testcase that HJ checked
> in a few days ago on i686-pc-linux-gnu. That's enough to convince me.
>
I checked in it. We will fix it if it breaks anything, which I believe
is very unlikely.
H.J.
More information about the Binutils
mailing list