windres: -fo

Dimitrie O. Paun dimi@intelliware.ca
Wed Apr 23 12:38:00 GMT 2003

On April 23, 2003 04:57 am, Nick Clifton wrote:
>   * Silently accepts -fo, but does not advertise the fact in the
>     --help output.

Cool, I thought about doing that, I just don't know your policy
on these sort of things.

>   * Accepts both "-fo <filename>" and "-fo<filename>".  Dimitirie's
>     patch would only accept the second form, but I am not sure if this
>     was deliberate.

Yeah, it was. I didn't want to complicate the code needlessly.
The patch was providing the posibility to have a common command
line between windres and rc, not to cover all possible combinations.
Moreover, I'm not even sure rc supports the first version, only the
second form is documented by Microsoft. But since you've added it,
it's all good, it makes more sense to support both forms.

Thanks!

--
Dimi.

P.S. Any idea when we're gonna have a release? The Mozilla 1.4b is
     due in about one week, would be nice to have a version of
     binutils that we can recommend for building it. Right now
     they checked in some really horiffic patches to work around
     windres' problems, reverting them before the release would be
     A Good Thing (TM).