Patch to fix regenerating libiberty/config.in

Eric Botcazou ebotcazou@libertysurf.fr
Sat Apr 12 18:57:00 GMT 2003

> > 2003-02-12  Kaveh R. Ghazi  <ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu>
> >
> > 	* acconfig.h: New file.  Add uintptr_t.
> > 	* config.in: Regenerated.
>
> This patch breaks bootstrap on sparc-sun-solaris2.5.1:
>
> "../src/libiberty/regex.c", line 305: invalid type combination
> "../src/libiberty/regex.c", line 305: warning: useless declaration
> "../src/libiberty/regex.c", line 305: warning: typedef declares no type
> name

The 3.2.3 release is approaching so I think it would be nice to fix the
bootstrap failure quickly.

The problem is pretty obvious: config.h contains these lines

/* Define to `unsigned long' if <sys/types.h> doesn't define.  */
#define uintptr_t unsigned long

/* Define if you have the `uintptr_t' type. */
/* #undef HAVE_UINTPTR_T */

and regex.c contains these lines

# if !defined _LIBC && !defined HAVE_UINTPTR_T
typedef unsigned long int uintptr_t;
# endif

so there is a conflict. Reverting the patch or removing the typedef appears
to be sufficient to restore bootstrap, but I don't know enough libiberty to
decide which solution is the best/safest. Thanks in advance for your help.

--
Eric Botcazou