use MIPS NewABI register names when disassembling NewABI code

Alexandre Oliva aoliva@redhat.com
Fri Apr 11 07:47:00 GMT 2003

On Apr 11, 2003, cgd@broadcom.com wrote:

> At Fri, 11 Apr 2003 05:43:18 +0000 (UTC), "Alexandre Oliva" wrote:
>> * mips-dis.c (_print_insn_mips): Override reg_names from
>> disassembler_options.

> Uh...  Well...  "I'm not the maintainer, but i'd say no."  8-)

Fair enough :-)

> Note the line:

>   parse_mips_dis_options (info->disassembler_options);

> about 18 lines above your new lines.  It already supports what you
> want, but with a different syntax.

Sorry that I didn't try diff -u18 :-)

It really sucks to be working out of a relatively old branch and
trying to contribute to the net at the same time :-(

> "gpr_names=ABI" instead, for values of ABI: 32, n32, 64.

Thanks for the pointer.  Here's a fixed patch that refrains from
``fixing'' opcodes.

> IMO it's best to use the correct names for ABIs

Except that I've never been able to figure out whether the correct
name for the N64 abi is N64 or just 64.  Not that I care, mind you ;-)

Ok to install?