ld core dump

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Tue Apr 8 15:31:00 GMT 2003

Hi Robert,

> bash-2.05$ /usr/local/tools/binutils/bin/as -v
> GNU assembler version 2.13.2.1 (sparc-sun-solaris2.9) using BFD version 2.13.2.1
>
> Compiling nsswitch/wb_common.c with -fPIC
> Compiling nsswitch/winbind_nss_solaris.c with -fPIC
> Linking nsswitch/libnss_winbind.so
> collect2: ld terminated with signal 11 [Segmentation Fault]
> /usr/local/tools/binutils/bin/ld: warning: sparc:v9 architecture of input file
> `nsswitch/winbind_nss.po' is incompatible with sparc output
> /usr/local/tools/binutils/bin/ld: warning: sparc:v9 architecture of input file
> `nsswitch/wb_common.po' is incompatible with sparc output
> /usr/local/tools/binutils/bin/ld: warning: sparc:v9 architecture of input file
> `nsswitch/winbind_nss_solaris.po' is incompatible with sparc output
> make: *** [nsswitch/libnss_winbind.so] Error 1
>
> ld core dumps and does not go any futher, have I supplied enough info, anybody
> have an idea why ld core dumps?

Sorry - there is not really enough information to go on here.

Do you know why the linker is complaining about the architecture
mismatches ?  (This may be at the root of the bug).  ie are the input
files really 'sparcv9' and is the output file really 'sparc' ?

Are you able to reduce the problem to a small, reproducible test case?

What is the complete command line that you are using ?