PATCH: Set xfail on empic for Linux/mips

H. J. Lu hjl@lucon.org
Mon Sep 30 21:31:00 GMT 2002

On Mon, Sep 30, 2002 at 05:22:36PM -0700, Eric Christopher wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-09-30 at 17:08, H. J. Lu wrote:
> > On Mon, Sep 30, 2002 at 04:56:09PM -0700, cgd@broadcom.com wrote:
> > >
> > > IIRC, what got you interested in this over the last couple of days and
> > > proposing patches was that... branches to globals were broken.  That
> > > exact condition is what's tested by branch-misc-2, both the assembler
> >
> > I won't simply call "branches to globals were broken". Alan's change
> > exposed an old bug. It should work now.
>
> It's still broken, just papered over for right now.

It is no more broken than other black magics in the mips as.

> The tests are still perfectly valid, and should be tested under
> mips-linux, there's no reason why not.

Those embedded PIC tests are still run under mips-linux. I just marked
them xfail. I don't think any Linux/mips users will miss embedded PIC.
Why should they get some unexpected failures when they run "make check"?

H.J.