patch for binutils include/ansidecl.h.

Doug Evans dje@transmeta.com
Mon Sep 23 15:33:00 GMT 2002

David O'Brien writes:
 > The example you show isn't a good one -- it obviously fixes a bug.  Often
 > GCC changes seem to be purely for change sake.  An explanation of why
 > such changes are a Good Thing would be nice.

I've always read that example to mean if comments are desired,
great, add them, but add them to the code, not the changelog entry.

 > Examples:
 >
 >     2002-09-17  Dale Johannesen  <dalej@apple.com>
 > 	* cfgcleanup.c (try_forward_edges):  Do not forward a
 > 	branch to just after a loop exit before loop optimization;
 > 	this interfered with doloop detection.
 >
 > Actually this is actually a good example of a useful change -- it does
 > include *why* the change was needed.

Does that or similar comment also appear in the code?
If I were hacking on that file that issue would be something
I'd want to know, and before hacking on a file I'm not about to
read all the changelog entries for it in order to understand
what the issues currently are.