stage one of gas reloc rewrite

Alan Modra amodra@bigpond.net.au
Sun Sep 1 21:31:00 GMT 2002

On Mon, Sep 02, 2002 at 10:38:07AM +0930, Alan Modra wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 01, 2002 at 01:00:55PM -0400, Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:
> > On Sun, 1 Sep 2002, Alan Modra wrote:
> > > The symbol being added is the absolute section symbol.  You'll find
> > > that in these cases it is in fact being used in relocs,
> >
> > Not in gas/mmix/odd-1.d.
>
> Huh.  You're right.  It's added by the last few lines of
> adjust_reloc_syms.  I'll see what happens if I trim that code off, as
> it seems likely it's no longer needed.

Breaks h8300-elf, because that target sets linkrelax and fixup_segment
didn't add a symbol for later use in write_relocs.
symbol_equated_reloc_p (NULL) dies.  Fixed.  i586-aout is bombing all
over the place too, but that's possibly due to some other changes I
have in my tree..

--
Alan Modra
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre