Problems generating shared library for MIPS using binutils-2.13...

Steven J. Hill sjhill@realitydiluted.com
Fri Oct 25 09:38:00 GMT 2002

Greetings.

I'm doing something stupid here, so please help me out. I am trying
to create a shared library with gcc passing parameters to the linker
and it is not working.

I compiled all the object files with '-mips2' and then I attempt to
create the shared library with:

    mipsel-linux-gcc -shared -Wl,-Amips2,-soname,libz.so.1 \
       -o libz.so.1.1.4 adler32.o compress.o crc32.o gzio.o \
       uncompr.o deflate.o trees.o zutil.o inflate.o infblock.o \
       inftrees.o infcodes.o infutil.o inffast.o

The object files are all mips2, but the generated '.so' object
is mips1?! What am I not understanding? I am using binutils-2.13,
gcc-3.2 and uClibc-0.9.15. The use of uClibc is not the problem.

-Steve