RFC: should MIPS gas have a -mlong switch?

Eric Christopher echristo@redhat.com
Fri Oct 4 12:08:00 GMT 2002

> 1. Assume EABI is the only ABI that -mlong can adjust.
>    Add new enums E_MIPS_ABI_EABI32_LONG64 and
>    E_MIPS_ABI_EABI64_LONG32.
>
>    Pro: no new bits taken, just reusing EF_MIPS_ABI.
>    Con: doesn't help with "no ABI" (although that might
>         be a good thing from a compatibility standpoint.)

I'm most in favor of this one. It doesn't change much otherwise...

(speaking of which if we do implement this way we should limit the flag
in the compiler as well if we don't already - i can't remember offhand)

-eric

--
Yuppies wear socks.