mips-elf/rtems and binutils 2.13.1pre1

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill@OARcorp.com
Thu Nov 7 13:54:00 GMT 2002

Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> Am Don, 2002-11-07 um 21.26 schrieb Eric Christopher:
> >
> > > See the difference between the usd and the sd?  Try changing %1 to %z1
> > > in the sd and running your test again.
> Thanks. Indeed, your proposal seems to work, at least the affected code
> compiles now.

Thanks Ralf.  I was just finishing up the process of getting it into
the RTEMS gcc 3.2 patch and building new RPMs to test.

> > > I swear I've fixed this problem at least four times now.  Eric,
> > > shouldn't all store patters be using %z1?  I guess the last time this
> > > was fixed we only got the 32-bit stores.
> > >

> > Heck, I think I've fixed it a couple of times. :)
> >
> > And yes, I also believe it should be using %z1.
>
> For completeness, below is the patch I used for testing.
>
> Any chances for seeing this bug fixed in gcc-3.2.1? AFAIS, it still is
> in the gcc-3_2-branch.

I doubt it can get into 3.2.1 at this point.  Mark froze it overnight.
:(

:: :( It also looks like my PR8314 on multilib'ing crtbegin/end for
the coldfire with tested patch didn't get included either even though
it was marked high priority. :(