bfd/elf.c : bfd_seek to 0 valid ?

jeroen dobbelaere jeroen.dobbelaere@acunia.com
Thu Nov 7 07:11:00 GMT 2002

Richard Earnshaw wrote:
[..]

> Well, since pos is calculated to be hdr->sh_offset + offset, and since it
> seams reasonable for offset to be zero, the question has to be (assuming
> offset can't be negative!) is it legitimate for hdr->sh_offset to zero.
>
> My guess is that the answer to that question should normally be 'no', and
> the reason for it being so is that the section hasn't been mapped into the
> output bfd.
>
> R.

section->name = '.rel.dyn' (output section); the content itself comes from a '.rel.got'.

I have the impression, that for some reason, the .rel.dyn section does not
get a fileposition assigned (resulting in the hdr->sh_offset == 0).

Where should this mapping to the output bfd happen ?

Greetings,
--
Jeroen Dobbelaere
Embedded Software Engineer