Problems generating shared library for MIPS using binutils-2.13...

Richard Sandiford rsandifo@redhat.com
Tue Nov 5 10:18:00 GMT 2002

Daniel Jacobowitz <dan@debian.org> writes:
> Surely we can't...  Remember what EF_MIPS_ARCH says: it's actually what
> we call ISA level elsewhere!  I just spent a day beating on this and
> settled for untagged instead of correctly-tagged binaries; I was trying
> to built SB-1 binaries (that's EF_MIPS_MACH of EF_MIPS_MACH_SB1) for a
> 32-bit userland (that's EF_MIPS_ARCH_2).  Not just E_MIPS_ABI_O32, but
> actually -mips2 code.

I'm not sure what you want from a MIPS II SB-1 binary, though.
Does it mean that you can't use instructions that are defined
in the MIPS32 ISA but not the MIPS II one?  But you can use
the SB-1-specific instructions (i.e. those not defined in the
MIPS64 ISA)?

Richard