Assembler Issue

Mohammad ali aliuet213@yahoo.com
Wed May 22 06:44:00 GMT 2002

dear Sir/Madam

I am developing an assembler for a dsp processor using
C,C++ tools
Most of the work is complete and now I am trying to
implement various assembler directives.
I am facing some pbm and need ur kind help.

* How to implement conditional assembly directive like

#if(a+b)
.
.
.
#elseif(!a)
.
.
.
#else
.
.
.
#endif

What I have thouht about it is that I should evaluate
the expression and if a+b is true then I should
comment out all the instruction in the else blocks and
so on.

BUT will it be a standard approach.Plz guide

* Also if I can get any C function which can perform
expression evaluation for me. so that I can just call
that fucntion and take the decision on its return
values.If u have written such function plz share it
with me.It will save my time.

Ur prompt responce will encourage me and I will ask
some more things.

Best Regrds,
Mohammad Ali