Enabled arm-gas warning about deprecated command line options

Nick Clifton nickc@cambridge.redhat.com
Mon May 20 10:04:00 GMT 2002

Hi Richard,

> >   Any objections to my applying this patch ?
>
> Well, I there isn't a released GCC that uses the new interface yet, so
> that's a good reason not to start gratuitously whinging about the old
> interface.
>
> However, I do think the testsuite should be changed.
>
> There's transition latency problem here -- I couldn't change gcc until a
> binutils with the new interface was enabled; now it is (at least, I'm
> assuming it is), we can move GCC to using it; once that's out we can start
> to more aggressively deprecate the old interface.

OK - I will check the gcc & gas testsuite patches in and leave the
assembler accepting both and new syntaxes for now.  After the next gcc
release we can switch gas over.