bfd.h installation location

H . J . Lu hjl@lucon.org
Wed May 15 09:39:00 GMT 2002

On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 12:23:09PM -0400, Andrew Cagney wrote:

> > You will overwrite libbfd.a and headers for different targets only
> > when host != target. I don't know any problems when host == target.
>
> ./configure --enable-targets=LIST

The easy work around is make sure LIST has all targets you wants. On
my machine, I have

# /usr/bin/ld -V

GNU ld version 2.12.90.0.7 20020423
  Supported emulations:
   elf_i386
   i386linux
   elf64alpha
   alpha
   armelf_linux
   armelf
   criself
   crisaout
   crislinux
   hppalinux
   elf64_ia64
   m68kelf
   m68klinux
   elf32btsmip
   elf32ltsmip
   elf64btsmip
   elf64ltsmip
   elf32ppclinux
   elf32ppc
   elf32ppcsim
   elf_s390
   elf64_s390
   shlelf_linux
   shelf_linux
   elf32_sparc
   sparclinux
   elf64_sparc
   sun4
   i386pe

> > Under /export/tools, the host machine, Linux/x86, shares the same
> > set of libbfd and bfd.h with 3 different targets, i386-linux,
> > mipsel-linux and mips-linux. But each target has its own libbfd
> > and bfd.h under /export/tools/i386-linux /export/tools/mipsel-linux
> > and /export/tools/mips-linux, respectively.
>
> Um, could you clarify this a little.  What do the latter `libbfd.a's
> contain?

libbfd.a under /export/tools/mipsel-linux is the same as the one on
Linux/mipself.

H.J.