This week: Avoid the deadly TIO

hadley@softwareCEO.com hadley@softwareCEO.com
Thu May 2 09:50:00 GMT 2002

This week at SoftwareCEO.com, super seller Colleen Francis guides you through the sales prospect's most common and deadly defense: 'Let me think it over.' Read 'From Where We Sit' at:  http://www.softwareceo.com.

(By the way, Colleen is teaching a terrific one-day Software Telesales Rep Workshop in Toronto on July 12. If you need to figure out how to beef up your phone sales effectiveness, this is the ticket. And, thanks to our partnership with the Software Success organization, members of the SoftwareCEO Buyers' Club can save $120 off the $395 registration fee. Details: http://www.softwareceo.com/member_area/buyers_club.php.)

~~~ NEW files in the Downloads Library:

* An update of my M&A and IPO tracking spreadsheet. We've got details on 56 software companies sold this year; this year's revenue multiple is now at 1.9.

* Telecommuting report: A 22-page document created by Shaker Computer & Management Services in order to create new policies for its large contingent of off-site employees.

* VC Funding and M&A Trends, Q1 2002 -- Corum Group's analysis of software industry activity for last quarter; it includes market sector transaction details.

The total list of SoftwareCEO downloads now numbers 57 unique files -- check it out at:  http://www.softwareceo.com/member_area/downloads.php.

~~~ SOFTWARE publications and research in the SoftwareCEO Buyers' Club:

* Save $120 on a subscription to Softletter -- Jeffery Tarter's informative, instructive, and insightful bi-weekly newsletter. If you're in the biz, this is required reading.

* Save 10% on software industry-specific compensation and operational research from Culpepper and Associates. This is the best data out there, and the online delivery is excellent.

* Save $30 on HR Chally's World-Class Sales Benchmarks. Trying to build a sales organization? Want to know how the best in the business world do it? You need this report.

The total list of SoftwareCEO discounts is now $4,899 -- check it out at:  http://www.softwareceo.com/member_area/buyers_club.php.

If you haven't been to the SoftwareCEO site before, there's a quick tour available at:  http://www.softwareceo.com/welcome. Take the tour -- I'm sure you'll find tons of resources to help your software company work smarter and grow faster.

Best regards,
Bruce Hadley
Founder, SoftwareCEO
mailto:hadley@softwareceo.com
Tel: (503) 842-7208
Fax: (503) 212-0256

To tell a friend about this list, go to:
http://www.softwareceo.com/scripts/applyleads/applyleads.cgi?action=refer

Unsubscribe at: