[RFA:] Ignore --gc-sections if non-ELF objects are involved

Alan Modra amodra@bigpond.net.au
Tue Mar 26 17:11:00 GMT 2002

On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 03:12:49PM +0100, Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:

> > and I think a variation of your patch
> > that warns on finding non-ELF input BFDs _with relocs_, but doesn't
> > stop GC, is the best solution.
>
> I'm hesitant to warn and still proceed in that situation; it's
> almost certain to fail.  Would you accept warning and ignoring
> GC in that case, like this?

Well, really I don't care that much either way.  We're talking about
a corner case after all.  Heh, why don't you ask rth?  It's his code
we're messing with.

--
Alan Modra
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre