The CVS server is refusing connection

law@redhat.com law@redhat.com
Tue Mar 26 09:00:00 GMT 2002

In message <003f01c1d4e6$268c4ca0$b6010c0a@catdog>, "Kris Warkentin" writes:
 > I hadn't seen this but a while ago I kept having the cvs server poop out,
 > complaining that 'server load of [some number] too high' or some such.  I
 > think they have some server side configuration issues.
This is deliberate.  Servicing anoncvs connections is one of the largest
drains on resources for sources.redhat.com/gcc.gnu.org.

Once the load average reaches a certain threshold anonymous CVS connections
are refused.

We have purchased a new machine to host these services, but due to goofs
internal to Red Hat we have been unable to install the new machine.

Jeff