COFF File Format Spec

George Hicken gh299@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sun Mar 17 05:58:00 GMT 2002

I have just discovered an urgent need for information on the COFF format
myself, particually relocation. So if you do find any information I would
greatly appricate it if you could forward it to me.

What I have found so far is that COFF and Portable Executable (PE files)
seem to be pretty much identical. I am not sure, but I believe that ECOFF
(Microsofts flavour of COFF) is the same as PE.

I have quite a lot of information about the PE format if you would like me
to send it to you. Best to mail me direct, i don't read binutils very
often.

--
George Hicken
gh299@ecs.soton.ac.uk