Not linking 32-bit and 64-bit objects

Daniel Jacobowitz drow@mvista.com
Sat Mar 16 17:32:00 GMT 2002

On Sat, Mar 16, 2002 at 12:21:20PM -0800, David O'Brien wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 16, 2002 at 12:10:49PM -0800, cgd@broadcom.com wrote:
> > At Sat, 16 Mar 2002 18:26:19 +0000 (UTC), "David O'Brien" wrote:
> > > I would love to see this committed to the 2.12 branch.  The lack of of a
> > > good error message delayed getting BU 2.12 working on FreeBSD/sparc64 by
> > > 2 weeks due to a trivial human error.
> >
> > If this is the patch I think it is, I believe those of us over in
> > MIPS-land believe it (and the subsequent adjustments) is incorrect for
> > MIPS...
>
> Then it presumable cannot be committed to mainline yet -- which must
> happen before it could be merged back to the 2.12 branch. :-)

No, it's already on the mainline.  That's the point of having a
mainline, and of not committing things to the branch immediately :)
When the branch reopens, which will probably be tonight if I have time
to organize myself, then these patches can move there - but not until
MIPS is fixed on the mainline, so that they can all go over together.