Binutils port to QNX 6.1 for the i386

J.T. Conklin jtc@acorntoolworks.com
Tue Mar 12 10:52:00 GMT 2002

I am submitting changes to add support to QNX 6.1, aka QNX/Neutrino,
aka QNX RTP to binutils.

While QNX supports many architectures, my patches only add support for
the i386 family.  We don't use any of the others (at my employers), so
I'm leaving those for someone else to complete.  I've tried to make it
easy for those folks by spliting out common QNX bits so they can be
easily inherited by configs for the other QNX ports (this is in the
linker and the not-quite-ready to be contributed gcc configs).  I also
have made no attempt for tools for the older QNX 4.X OS, which is based
on a different microkernel.

QSSL, the QNX vendor, has a toolchain port which (to the best of my
knowlege) has not been contributed back to the FSF.  It is based on
old versions, and IMHO has gratuitious changes (hard-coded paths,
etc.) which make it hard to use on an arbitrary host for cross
development.  For these reasons, and more importantly, to avoid any IP
issues, I've done this port without reference to the QSSL changes.

I hope these changes are small enough to be accepted without current
paperwork.  In any case, I'll need it down the road.  I'd appreciate
a pointer in that direction (I understand the documents are no longer
online).

	--jtc

--
J.T. Conklin